Wikipédia:Robôs/Pedidos de aprovação/MerlLinkBot
pedido • edições • contador • logs • block user • block log • flag log • flag bot • SUL util
Automatic or Manually Assisted: controlled
Programming Language(s): java
- main task: changes external links which are outdated and can be successfully replaced by a new one.
- side job: interwikis, but only supervised on single sites (done by py)
Edit period(s) (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): when there is a link to change ;-)
Edit rate requested: max 3-4 edits/min (mostly slower - depends on server of the external website)
Already has a bot flag (Y/N): dewiki(home), en, commons, simple, ru, fr, es, ca, da, ksh, als (job granted), be-x-old, ro, it, cs, no some more requested (see all flags)
Function Details: The bot replaces urls that have to be changed. This can be only a domain change or a more complex page structure change on a website. Links are dectected with the help of the api (and not with regex) and are only replaced if the webserver of the new url returns a 200-status-response for that new resource. “Link text” is not changed. (own framework written in java - used by all of my bots)
Could sb. please help me to localize the edit summary of my bot for pt? I have described the four possible edit summaries at Usuário Discussão:MerlLinkBot.
I have done some few edits on edit on June 3th, because CIA changed links at the end of march, but CIA now changed the links a second time on June 8th. But there are many domains that could be replaced.
Messages localized, please let me or Wikipedia:Café dos tradutores know further translation needs. You may start the test week now, 2/3 edits per minute, at least 50 edits by the end. Take the amount you need, but it would nice to have a good amount of edits from this tool to have an ideia of its integration here. --Leonardo Stabile msg 09h22min de 17 de junho de 2009 (UTC)
- Thx, have have done some example jobs:
- CIA Factbook changed its links as described before.  (there are about 50 more)
- stuttgard.de has relunched its website
- whithouse.gov: pages related to the presidentship of George Bush (and only those are replaced, if possible) have been officially archived by the US government. (about 20 more) My bot does NOT replace urls with archived versions by a third parties like archive.org or webcite.
- tigr.org institut has been closed. Database is now available at the holding company.
- The scripts how links should be replaced are written and tested by myself after i received some hints (from wikipedians or webmasters). Then the bot runs globally. Thats why i wrote "controlled", because the links are replaced automaticaly but how the links are replaced is tested intensely before. Merlissimo (discussão) 12h37min de 17 de junho de 2009 (UTC)
- I changed two templates, because http://dispatch.opac.d-nb.de will be switched off according to DNB. But i think Predefinição:PND should be changed to a complete other domain (http://d-nb.info/gnd/). I'll ask an expert for DNB which link should be preferred. Merlissimo (discussão) 21h26min de 17 de junho de 2009 (UTC)
Flag granted. --Leonardo Stabile msg 03h23min de 22 de junho de 2009 (UTC)
- Thx. Merlissimo (discussão) 09h02min de 22 de junho de 2009 (UTC)